Draw Non-Standard Backsplash Or Waterfall Edge
Scenarios that call for drawing a backsplash or edge manually (instead of the built-in backsplash feature) include:
- Quoting a mitered edge with a waterfall (to capture material needed for waterfall).
- Using a different material for backsplash than the countertop material
- Applying a different edge type to backsplash than the countertop edge
- Gap/split in backsplash for a window or range hood
- Need to put a backsplash on an edge that is comprised of a bumpout.
- After drawing the main countertops, draw the splash or edge as a separate top.
- Label each piece with text.
- On Step 3, mark which edges will be finished, unfinished, or have miter seam.
- Optional: If the splash will be a different color, separate the splash into a different area.