Apply A Discount On An Individual Quote
To offer a discount on an individual Quote:
- In edit mode on Quote, click Step 6: Price Details.
- Note in at the top under Price Settings, Discount is set to -None-.
- Click on the Edit icon to the right of Price Settings.
- Enter the percent discount to apply.
- Discounts are calculated on line item unit price, not on line item extended price. For example, 100 sq ft of material at $19.80/sq ft, discounted 3% is calculated as $19.80 less 3.0% [$19.21 * 100 = $1,921.00], whereas a 3% discount on the line item extended regular price of $1,980.00 would be $1,920.60.
- Any bold prices in the price details were overridden and a discount is not be applied. The discount can be applied manually by overriding the price including the discount or the price override can be cleared.
- All discounted line items will be indicated with a "D" to the right of the extended line item price. Items not marked as discounted either had the price overridden on the quote OR Allow Discount is unchecked on the Price List for that item. Click on any letter "D" to view the discount details.
See Related Article for setting a discount for an entire Account.